Nadege with US Coach Debbie McDonald
Welcome to Up Hill Dressage Stables!
Bonjour! My name is Nadege Soubassis. My name is hard to pronounce (Na-dej) because I'm French and married to a Greek! I have trained around the world with many trainers because we moved a lot with my husband's career. We've finally settled in beautiful Catlett, Virginia with our own barn. I'm excited to meet you and help you on your dressage journey.
* Nadege has 35 years of riding experience, 25 years of teaching experience and offers lessons at her farm or yours*
Nadege has worked with the top European and American instructors, including:
• Bertrand De Belabre, Coach of the French National Junior Jumping Team
• Frederique Defremont, Dressage Trainer for the French Vaulting Team, Cadre Noir (top international academy-
• Jean-Louis Sauvat, student of the late Nuno Olivera.
• Eric Schulz, French Dressage Instructor Champion, Graduate of Ecole Nationale
• Conrad Schumacher, Coach of the Dutch Olympic Team (‘92, ‘96, ‘00) a renowned International Trainer.
• Sabine Schut-Kery, (Nadege trained Friesian Stallions under head trainer Schut-Kery at Proud Meadows, TX).
• Bertin Poetter, Coach of the Baden-Wurttemberg Dressage Team, Germany
• Claudia Drautzburg, at Walzhof Germany (http://www.walzhof.de/)
Currently training with US Olympic Medalist Allison Brock, Team Bronze, Rio 2016
"Nadege is a systematic rider with a lot of feeling, who has a good understanding of throughness, suppleness, and the technical aspects of developing a dressage horse’s foundational basics.” Ali Brock